Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Alabama Tragedy

I don't know if any of you have heard about the dreadful tornadoes that came through Alabama this past week, but I would just ask that you all would keep the people of Alabama and all the others who were affected by these tornado's in your prayers and thoughts and even possibly considering giving as the Lord leads to those in need. For me, this has been a very sobering and thought provoking time- hearing stories and even witnessing friends who are grieving the loss of their friends (due to the tornadoes). Reminded that I or any one of us could be called home at any moment; to take every moment that I have and fill it to the fullest.
Here is a story of a father who with great manliness and honor laid down his life for his family. Please pray for this family as they are grieving the loss of their father.

"Yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is you life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes." -James 4:14

"Greater love has no one than this, that someone lays down his life for his friends." -John 15:13

Grace be with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment